Distance Student Grievance Process

Important Note for Prospective Students: If you are considering an academic program that leads you to obtaining professional licensure in your state, it is highly recommended that you contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state to seek information and additional guidance before beginning a program outside of your state.

Student Complaints: Students who are enrolled in a Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi course who have a complaint about a course or experience should follow Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi’s complaint, grievance, and appeal procedures.

If a student located in a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (link is external) (SARA) state has a complaint about Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, complaints must first go through the TAMU-CC standard procedure for resolution of student grievances. If a student is not satisfied with the outcome of that process, a complaint involving allegations of fraudulent activity, including the provision of false or misleading information, may be brought to the Texas SARA portal entity, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).

If a student pursues a grievance with the Texas SARA portal entity, the SARA portal entity in the state where the student is located will be notified that the complaint was received and may assist as needed. Resolution of the complaint by the SARA portal entity in the institution's home state is final. 

Examples of types of student complaints that may be brought to a SARA portal entity include, but are not limited to, complaints regarding accuracy of job placement data, tuition or fee information, accreditation, whether a program meets licensure requirements, or course transfer information. Grade appeals and student conduct appeals are not allowed under SARA. 

Filing Grievance with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges

You may also file a complaint with TAMU-CC's regional accrediting agency, SACSCOC. Complete the Commission's Complaint Form (PDF) and send two print copies to:

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097