International Students

We encourage international students to apply to our graduate school program!

An International applicant is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States who will be studying under an immigrant or non-traditional visa type including, but not limited to, the following visa types:

  • F-1/F-2 student visa
  • J-1/J-2: exchange visitor visa
  • H-4/H1-B: specialty occupation visa

The requirements for getting into graduate school are the same for international students as domestic ones. However, in addition to the documents listed on the Application Process page, international applicants must also submit the following documents to Graduate Admissions:

  • Copy of Current Visa (if applicable)
  • International Transcript Evaluation Report - effective March 1, 2017, the University requires an international transcript evaluation report (course by course) which includes all transcripts from international colleges and universities from one of the University approved evaluation agencies listed below (except for MS Computer Science, MS Geospatial Systems Engineering and Ph.D. Geospatial Computer Science Programs):
Educational Credential Evaluators
Foreign Credentials Service America
Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.
World Education Services
SpanTran: The Evaluation Company

NOTE: Applicants who hold a 3 year bachelor degree's must be determined that the 3 year degree is equivalent to a U.S bachelor's degree by the evaluation agency.

  • TOEFL or IELTS requirements for International Transfer Students
    International applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examinations. Unless exempt (see below), you must submit official standardized TOEFL or IELTS test scores and meet or exceed the following minimum requirements for the respective exams:

    Test type


    If you take the TOEFL paper examination


    If you take the TOEFL internet examination  


    If you take the IELTS examination


    If you take the Duolingo examination
    *effective until further notice


    If you take the Duolingo English3
    *effective until further notice


    If you take the PTE Academic examination


    If you take the ITEP examination


    If you take the Cambridge C1 Advanced Proficiency test (Cambridge CAE)


    If you take the Cambridge C2 Advanced Proficiency test (Cambridge CPE)


     TOEFL and IELTS exemptions

    The following international applicants are exempt from submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score if one of the following conditions is met:

    • The applicant completed a bachelor's degree at a U.S. or Canadian institution of higher education, or
    • The applicant successfully completed two years of instruction (taught in the English Language) at a U.S. or Canadian high school or college, or
    • a minimum SAT critical reading score of 600, or
    • a minimum ACT English score of 27, or
    • The applicant provides other compelling evidence of English proficiency to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.

International Pathway Programs

If you are a prospective international student who does not meet the entry requirements for a graduate course, you have the opportunity to apply to the International Pathway Program

Upon successful completion, you can progress to degree level study at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.

Official Documents

Official Documents must be sent directly to Office of Recruitment and Admissions from the granting institutions and/or education testing services:

Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Office of Recruitment & Admissions
6300 Ocean Drive, Unit 5774
Corpus Christi, TX 78412