Compendium of Policies, Rules and Regulations

The University is committed to appropriate resolution of complaints as efficiently and effectively as possible. We believe providing a mechanism for complaints to be heard gives us the opportunity to improve our service.

The Faculty Ombuds listens to and informally addresses faculty concerns. The University also has established rules and procedures for reporting and resolving grade appeals, faculty and non-faculty grievances, student grievances, sexual harassment and research misconduct.

Faculty Grievances

Nonfaculty Employee Grievances

Research Misconduct

Student Grade Appeals

Student Grievances

Student complaints against students

Student complaints against faculty (Non-Academic/Non Civil Rights)

Student complaints against staff employees (Non-Academic/Non Civil Rights)

Civil Rights Protection and Compliance (including Sexual Harassment)

Student, Faculty, and staff civil rights grievances

The Texas A&M University System also maintains an on-line system for reporting waste, fraud, abuse or other serious ethics violations. It is available at: or by calling 888-501-3850.

The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) process for submitting formal complaints against SACSCOC or its accredited institutions is outlined in this policy. Formal complaints may be submitted using the Commission’s Information Sheet and Form and submitted in hard copy to the President, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097.

"Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB). After exhausting the institution’s grievance/complaint process, current, former, and prospective students may initiate a complaint with THECB by sending the required forms either by electronic mail, or by mail to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Office of General Counsel, P.O. Box 12788, Austin, Texas 78711-2788.  Facsimile transmissions of the forms are not accepted."

The Department of Defense provides a centralized online reporting system for service members and their families to use in reporting problems with education institutions. It is available at:

To report immediate threats to life or property or if you require emergency assistance, please contact the University Police Department at (361) 825-4444.