- Elementary School teachers read Dyer, Lovedahl, and Conley's "Talking about Books Right from the Start: Teaching Literature in the First, Second, and Third Grade"
- Middle/High School teachers read Bushman's "Young Adult Literature in the Classroom, Or Is It?"
Nonfiction Prose: All students read:
- Read Harvey's "Nonfiction Inquiry: Using Real Reading and Writing to Explore the World"
- Read Ebbers' "Science Text Sets: Using Various Genres to Promote Literacy and Inquiry"
- Bring a "traditional" nonfiction genre (e.g., expository essays, reports, comparative studies, textbooks, newspaper articles, editorials, letters, annotated bibliographies) or a "traditional" fiction genre (novel, short story, picture book) that you would like to teach at your grade level.
- Writing Workshop: Read & Write a trad. nonfiction genre.