In this assignment you will explore the different literacies you have encountered in and out of school. You will be given the opportunity to integrate a language and/or dialect you are comfortable speaking.
Throughout this portfolio you will:
- Explore your culture and your history with that culture
- Explore various discourse communities
- Learn how to use different types of codeswitching
- Teach others about your home language and dialect
- Read literature written by different multilingual writers in order to view different styles of codeswitching
Rules you will Write
- You will write and explore rules of codeswitching
- Define and compare the rules of your home language/dialect versus SAE
- Writing Groups
- conferencing with instructor
Why did you choose your home language/dialect at certain points in the writing process?
Assessment and Feedback
- For assessment and feedback purposes, the home language and dialect should be used until you have an audience.