- Strickland & Strickland, "Education Begins with Philosphy" (copy)
- TDW Maher (56-72) “You Probably Don’t Know...”
- TDW Green (73-82) “My Uncle’s Guns”
- BW chapter 3-4 (33-60)
- MBW, Singer, (copy)
In class today, we will....
- Discuss research topics of interest w/ class.
- What are your questions?
- Why are you interested in these questions?
- What sources have you accessed, if any?
- We will respond with constructive feedback, possible sources, etc.
- Who are our students?
- What issues were raised by Maher and Green that are valid concerns of BW teachers?
- What questions/comments/concerns did you raise in your reading responses?
- Constructivist Classroom
- In what ways was your learning shaped by one of these philosophies of learning?
- In what way(s) is public discourse about learning and writing shaped by these philosophies?
- How has your college career been shaped?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each philosophy, or the curriculum generated by a teacher believing in it?
- Reading response revisited*
- Exit slips?
Homework for 1/25
- Read: BW chapter 3-4 (33-60)
- Read: MBW, Singer, (copy)