- “ Simply renaming ENG 099 as ENG 100, and then requiring basic writing students to take ENG 01, doesn’t necessarily change the substance and perception of a course that is often ghettoized and stigmatized”(18-19).
- What is the difference in “ghettoized” and “stigmatized”.
- Faculty perspective and distaste?
- Looked down on mainstreaming (inclusion).
- Why look at a literacy narrative? Is it a good strategy? Can freshmen relate?
- What would be applicable and boost confidence?
- Intellect and insights were more developed than her ability to articulate…(101)
- Inability for the teacher and student to communicate, because of conflicting emotions/beliefs. Need for perspective? Students as converts?