- Attend Kathleen Adams presentation (7-8:30, UC Ballroom)
- reading response 6
- BW, (pp. 61-103)
Congratulations Haas 2009 Award Winners!!
Graduate Rhet/Comp, Prof Writing, Linguistics
- 1st Philip Tanofsky Strategies to Broaden Scope of Caller.com Susan Garza
- 2nd Garrett Wieland Comp and Roll: Nontraditional Methods for Teaching Freshman English Susan Garza
- 1st Darcy Lewis “Little Women” Removed: The (Re)Invention of Jo March and the Female Gaze Elisabeth Mermann-Jozwiak
- 2nd Steve Sellers The Evolution of the Madwoman: The Empire of Imagination in Haggard’s She Elisabeth Mermann-Jozwiak
- 3rd Tammy Graham The Value of Silence: Deconstructing the Cuckoo’s Nest Elisabeth Mermann-Jozwiak
In order to process some of our reading, we will engage in a little rhetorical analysis of our own:
Public Conversations about writing, basic writers, and teaching writing
- Find a news article or editoral about writing published within the last year
- What kind of rhetoric?
- What "literacy myths"?
- What purpose?
- How does it connect to our reading?
W8: Assessment/Mainstreaming BW
Due Mar 4
- reading response 7
- TDW “Assessment” “CCCC Position Statement” (390-400)
- TDW Harley & Cannon (400-417)
- '''Agnew & McLaughlin "These Crazy Gates and How They Swing," (p. 85-100) (Bell Library, electronic reserve)