BW and Media, Public, and Politics
Homework due Feb 20
- reading response week 6a
- BW “Looking Outward” (61-82)
- BWM “What the Public Has to Say About Writing” (17-18) (reserve/copy)
In class today, we will....
- Take five or ten minutes to write a draft teaching philosophy for BASIC WRITING. BTW, you will NOT be required to share this document.
- What core values/goals would you identify?
- What theory informs your philsophy (use whatever terms you're comfortable with, including "plain English")
- What personal values inform this philosophy?
- As a group, we will discuss our philosophies
- In pairs, review a few syllabi (ReSources)
- Identify the grounding philosophy behind this syllabus/course/program
- Specify key words/phrases/evidence of your claim.
- You will present to the class.
- Discuss reading responses if we have time.
Homework due Feb 22
- reading response week 6b
- MBW Foreword and Preface (vii-xvi)
- MBW Fitzgerald “The Context Determines our Choice” (215-223)