The research proposal is designed to get you thinking about the research project that you will be completing this semester, and to make your peers and I aware of your topic, so that we can share resources we might find that apply to your topic.
The proposal should:
- Identify the topic that you are working on and what inspired you to choose it. It must connect to basic writing teaching, in whatever form that takes.
- Provide a brief overview of the conversation about this topic as you have found it so far (what are the major issues that you have identified, who are the major "talkers", what seems to be a timeline for this conversation, whatever seems evident and applicable at this point).
- Identify and describe the niche/place in the conversation that you seek to explore? Do you plan to perform your own research? If so, how will it fit into the bigger conversation?
- If you plan to perform your own study, describe your method and participants.
- Describe the sources you have found & provide an annotated bibliography on them. MLA or APA, whichever you prefer.
- Reflect on what you have learned so far; has your research changed your topic and/or question?