Most of these items are listed in The Bedford Bibliography for Teachers of Basic Writing, 3e.
Books in Bell Library
- Landmark essays on basic writing, edited by Kay Halasek and Nels P. Highberg, Hermagoras Press, PE1404 .L276 2001
- Mainstreaming basic writers : politics and pedagogies of access, edited by Gerri McNenny and Sallyanne H. Fitzgerald, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, PE1404 .M35 2001
- A guide to composition pedagogies, by Gary Tate, Amy Rupiper, Kurt Schick, Oxford UP, PE1404 .G85 2001
- Rethinking basic writing : exploring identity, politics, and community in interaction, by Laura Gray-Rosendale; foreword by Keith Gilyard; afterword by Victor Villanueva; Lawrence Erlbaum, PE1404 .G685 2000
- Defending access : a critique of standards in higher education, by Tom Fox, Boynton/Cook, LB2351.2 .F688 1999
- Time to know them : a longitudinal study of writing and learning at the college level, by Marilyn S. Sternglass, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, PE1404 .S824 1997
- Writing in an alien world : basic writing and the struggle for equality in higher education, by Deborah Mutnick, Boynton/Cook, PE1405.U6 M88 1996
- The discovery of competence : teaching and learning with diverse student writers, by Eleanor Kutz, Suzy Q. Groden, Vivian Zamel. Heinemann, PE1404 .K88 1993
- The violence of literacy, by J. Elspeth Stuckey, Boynton/Cook, LC151 .S78 1991
- Research in basic writing : a bibliographic sourcebook, edited by Michael G. Moran and Martin J. Jacobi, Greenwood Press, Z5818.E5 R468 1990
- A Sourcebook for basic writing teachers, edited by Theresa Enos, Random House, PE1404 .S68 1987
- Errors and expectations : a guide for the teacher of basic writing, by Mina P. Shaughnessy, Oxford UP, 1977, PE1404 .S45
Periodicals in Bell Library
- Journal of basic writing Lib. Has v. 14, 1995 - current issue, PE1404 .J68
- College English, National Council of Teachers of English, Lib. Has v. 1, 1939 - v. 23, 1962; v. 31, 1969/70 - current issues, PE1 .C6
- College composition and communication, National Council of Teachers of English, Lib. Has v. 1, 1950 - current issue, PE1001 .C6
- Journal of education, Boston University, School of Education, Lib. Has v. 146, 1963/64 - v. 148, 1965/66; v. 150, 1967/68 - current issue, L11 .J5
- Basic Writing e-Journal
- The Bedford Bibliography of Basic Writing, edited by Gregory R. Glau and Chitralekha Duttagupta, 2009, 3e, Beford/St. Martin's Press.
- The Bedford Bibliography for Teachers of Writing, "A Brief History"
- Basic Writing, by George Otte and Rebecca Williams Mlynarczyk, 2010, Parlor Press and WAC Clearinghouse.
- Open Words
- Rebecca Moore Howard |Literacy Crises: A bibliography for composition and rhetoric
Professional Organizations for BW Teachers