Hello Students! Welcome to Freshman Seminar! As we start this semester together, I wanted to share a little about myself. Here are some fun facts about me:
- I am currently working on my Doctorate in Counselor Education at TAMU-CC.
- I work as a LPC Intern at STCH Ministries where we offer free counseling services to the community.
- I have a Masters of Science in Counseling from TAMU-CC.
- I have a Masters of Arts in Intercultural Studies from Union University. My thesis was entitled, "The Globalization of Voluntary Action: The Rise of the Non-State Actor."
- I have a Bachelor of Arts in History from Texas A&M University.
Where I've Lived
- Corpus Christi, Texas. Born and raised. :)
- College Station, Texas. Gig 'em Aggies!
- Hohhot, China
- San Francisco, CA
- Charlottesville, VA
- San Antonio, TX
- Foods: Pizza, Steak and potatoes, Fried Okra, Desserts!!!
- Starbucks Drink: Double Iced Tall Non-Fat White Mocha
- Movies: Once, Pitch Perfect, The Last of the Mohicans, New In Town
- Sports: Aggie Football
- Type of music: Texas Country
- TV Shows: Friends, Bachelor/Bachelorette, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Quantico
- Blogs and Podcasts:Jen Hatmaker, Shauna Niequist, The Liturgists, Jennie Allen
- TED Talks: Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The Danger of a Single Story
- I love to travel and have visited 28 countries: England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, Philippines, China, Thailand, Oman, United Arab Emirates, Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Panama, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Bahamas, Colombia, Jamaica, Peru, Ireland, Norway, Latvia, Russia, Sweden, Denmark
- I love to be outdoors and enjoy going to the beach, floating the river, hiking, fishing, and camping.
- I am an ambassador for Noonday Collection, a line of distinctive, handmade jewelry and accessories that provide a pathway out of poverty for men and women around the world. Check out my website: http://daniellepester.noondaycollection.com/
- My Myers-Briggs classification is ENFP.
- I have an irrational fear of crustaceans.
- I am passionate about social issues, specifically foster care and adoption.