CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas – Ideas Week, which is hosted by the Young Business Professionals and sponsored in part by Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, will be held from Monday, May 11, through Friday, May 15. These five days of events and programming will highlight the new, innovative, creative, and amazing aspects of our great city. Different events will be offered throughout the week that will attract an array of people of all ages, backgrounds, and perspectives. The goal of the week is to share ideas, solve problems, and create personal and community pride by showcasing what Corpus Christi has to offer and the potential for the future.
Monday, May 11
- 11 a.m.: Breaking News Tour: KIII Studios, 5002 S. Padre Island Drive. Enjoy a behind the scenes tour of the KIII studios and hear about local broadcasting.
- 7 p.m.: “Tank Time: Behind the Scenes of Texas,” Texas State Aquarium, 2710 N. Shoreline Blvd. Hear from the Texas State Aquarium about the Caribbean expansion, the Bird Rehab, and Second Chances Wildlife Rehabilitation. Admission is free.
Tuesday, May 12
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: S.E.A. Downtown Lunch and Learn at Brewster’s Street Ice House, 1724 N. Tancahua St. Speakers are Jim Kunau and Terry Sweeney.
- 7 p.m.: Wine Tasting 101 at Vino Mio Social Club, 4102 South Staples St.
Wednesday, May 13
- noon: Port Corpus Christi: Energizing Commerce Lunch and Learn at Water Street Seafood Co. in the Port Corpus Christi Board Room Free admission and lunch. RSVPs required.
- 5:15 p.m.: “Seas” the Day: Sailboat Racing at Corpus Christi Yacht Club, 98 Coopers Alley - Swimming Pool Community Members are invited to join the boat crews, but spots are limited, so please RSVP.
Thursday, May 14
- 11:30 a.m.: South Coast Angel Investor Network presents a lunch and learn titled “Investing in Innovation” at the Coastal Bend Business Innovation Center, 10201 South Padre Island Drive Speaker is Bill Cone, Director of the Innovation Center, who will discuss how the South Coast Angel Investor Network was stated and how it affects entrepreneurs in the Coastal Bend.
- 6-7:30 p.m.: “It’s a Jungle Out There,” Speed Networking at Hester’s in Lamar Park, 1714 S. Alameda St. RSVPs to the event are required. The cost is $20 per person to attend. Bring your business cards. Prepared to talk about your business in two minutes or less.
Friday, May 15
- 11:30 a.m. - 1.15 p.m.: Young Leader Summit sponsored by American Bank at the American Bank Center, 1901 N. Shoreline. Mix and mingle with both young and established leaders in the community at this luncheon sponsored by the American Bank Center.
- 7:30 pm.: Ride-In Theater Features “Forrest Gump” at the Corpus Christi Water Gardens, N. Shoreline Blvd.
Young Business Professionals partners with Corpus Christi Ride-In Theater to host an outdoor movie showing at the Corpus Christi Water Gardens. Enjoy the classic running film, “Forrest Gump” on the eve of Beach to Bay Relay Marathon.
For a full schedule of events, go to http://ideasweekcc.tamucc.edu/.